We understand that there are many reasons that our clients may want to purchase medications from online retailers or outside pharmacies instead of directly from us. Unfortunately, given the overwhelming number of requests for prescriptions by fax and email and our desire to provide our clients with the best care for their pets, beginning February 15 th , 2024, we will no longer accept prescription requests that require fax, email, or phone authorization from online retailers or outside pharmacies. In order to help with this we’ve partnered with Vetsource, which powers our online pharmacy. Also, for your convenience, we are still maintaining our in-house pharmacy.
We absolutely support our client’s choice to choose where they obtain their pets’ medications and are happy to accommodate a request to do so. Clients who opt to obtain their pets’ medications through any outside pharmacy will need to pick up a written prescription at our hospital during regular business hours. Please allow two business days for the written prescription to be authorized.
To assist you in making the most informed decision for your pet, we want to be very clear that we recommend that you purchase products only from a properly accredited and certified veterinary pharmacy. Products not purchased from a veterinarian do not have a manufacturer’s guarantee. Any issues regarding filling your written prescription must be addressed with the pharmacy you choose to use. However, products purchased directly from us, and our online store are guaranteed by the product manufacturer. So, if there is ever a problem, we can help!
Making this change is important to us as it supports our clinic’s culture of being able to focus our time and energy on providing you and your pet with the highest quality service you deserve.
We understand that cost is one of the reasons that our clients purchase from outside pharmacies and online retailers. We do our very best to make our medications and preventatives affordable and we routinely compare prices to online providers to make sure that our prices are competitive. Additionally, with Vetsource’s discounts, promo codes, and manufacturer’s rebates our prices are equivalent to or lower than most third-party retailers.
We would like to encourage our clients to order medications and preventatives directly from us by direct purchase at our hospital or from our own online store.
Our Online Pharmacy & Home Delivery Program
After partnering with Vetsource, we can proudly offer you the same quality prescriptions, food, and health care products for your pets that we have at our clinic, in addition to other medications we do not stock. These products come directly from the manufacturer, ensuring the correct item is properly handled and shipped directly to your door with the manufacturer’s guarantee.
- Autoship: We now can offer an autoship program that allows you to save time and money on frequently purchased medications and food. With free shipping for autoship, it also saves you the hassle of an extra stop at the end of your long day! It also removes the need to reorder, as it is on the time schedule that you choose.
- How to Use: Click Here to go to our Online Store. New users will need to set up a username, password, and add the pet you wish to purchase medications for.
- Shipping: Please be aware that orders take 3-6 business days for delivery, and there are no deliveries over the weekend. If your medication needs to be cold, it is shipped with an ice pack and sent out for next day delivery. All shipping is free on purchases of $49 or more, and on all your autoship orders.
- Any prescription, including prescription diets, need an authorization from your pet’s doctor, so please allow us time to receive and review your request. This usually takes 1-2 business days. Please keep in mind that by law your pet must be examined by us within the past year for us to prescribe any medication. If it has been over one year, please call for an appointment first. However, if your pet is on chronic medications, they may need an exam and lab work with the doctor every 6 months to continue medications. If you have any questions, feel free to call the office and we would be happy to help you through the process.
- Rebates: Vetsource helps you maximize your savings by allowing you to double up on rebates. Not only can you apply the manufacturer’s rebates, but on top of that you can apply Vetsource’s weekly sponsored promo codes. Click here for the list of Vetsource promo codes.
If you have any further questions about our policy, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued support and trust!